• troubled by wanting to write this
• troubled with a need to write this
• troubled by the aching within me
Everyday as I drive to work I look at the roadside trash and wonder, why?
I am a realist, in the sense that the wind blows and some things just happen. I’m ok with that, though we still have a responsibility to maintain our planet. The things that cause me to question and literally shake my head are:
• The entire space outside of the world is not your personal landfill. Why must trash be thrown out the window of a moving vehicle? There’s literally trash cans and receptacles everywhere, especially in towns and cities. Your vehicle cannot be so precious that it can’t contain trash until proper disposal can be found.
• Just because it’s biodegradable, doesn’t mean you should dispose of it anywhere you would like.
• Why is mutual respect so hard?
Daily, I see construction on the rise and the price is destruction of trees and earth and (I) wonder, why?
I grew up in rural America, so I appreciate green grass and big beautiful trees. I understand the need for new construction and expansion but I also like the idea of breathing clean quality air which trees help to provide.
Most days, as I listen to the news; liberal, moderate and conservative and wonder, why?
• Why does everyone seem to be “yelling”
• Yelling at one another
• Yelling over one another
Why criticize everything?
Why not try compromise?
• Suggestion: for every 2 negative comments say something positive(?)
I’m simply stating my concerns, though I stated them as “troubles” sometimes I just want to share my thoughts with people who will listen and maybe even share some of my thoughts. I don’t come necessarily with an agenda and I don’t want to take aim at people only point out the end result of our (mine include) actions and the effects they have on others.
I’ve been guilty more times than I want to admit of “yelling” to make my point instead of listening and talking, having a conversation. I don’t like to admit this, but I have been known to be incorrect and down right wrong about things I’ve said and done! We all are capable of great good and well, the opposite. But, wait…we have help any time and any place.
“My help comes from the Lord, who made heaven and earth.” -Psalm 121:2
Nehemiah 8:10 “Do not grieve, for the joy of the Lord is your strength.”
Isaiah 41:10 “So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.”
Exodus 15:2 “The Lord is my strength and my song; he has given me victory.”
There’s a plethora of topics I could post about in this space but my ache is not so much the topics as it is the methods employed to present, advocate promote and disagree with of said topics. People matter, words matter and yes, methods matter. These words are all well and good but not everyone thinks like me or even wants to be treated as I would like to be treated, so where do we go from here….