Resurrection Sunday, April 17th, 2022
“Since the children have flesh and blood, he too shared in their humanity so that by his death he might break the power of him who holds the power of death—that is, the devil — and free those who all their lives were held in slavery by their fear of death.”~Hebrews 2:14-15 NIV
• Why Did Jesus Have To Die •
Jesus died to achieve eternal victory over death through His resurrection!
Bible Reading • John 20:11-18
Jesus Appears to Mary Magdalene
“Now Mary stood outside the tomb crying. As she wept, she bent over to look into the tomb and saw two angels in white, seated where Jesus’ body had been, one at the head and the other at the foot. They asked her, “Woman, why are you crying?” “They have taken my Lord away,” she said, “and I don’t know where they have put him.” At this, she turned around and saw Jesus standing there, but she did not realize that it was Jesus. He asked her, “Woman, why are you crying? Who is it you are looking for?” Thinking he was the gardener, she said, “Sir, if you have carried him away, tell me where you have put him, and I will get him.” Jesus said to her, “Mary.” She turned toward him and cried out in Aramaic, “Rabboni!” (which means “Teacher”). Jesus said, “Do not hold on to me, for I have not yet ascended to the Father. Go instead to my brothers and tell them, ‘I am ascending to my Father and your Father, to my God and your God.’” Mary Magdalene went to the disciples with the news: “I have seen the Lord!” And she told them that he had said these things to her.”
Jesus Appears to His Disciples
“On the evening of that first day of the week, when the disciples were together, with the doors locked for fear of the Jewish leaders, Jesus came and stood among them and said, “Peace be with you!” After he said this, he showed them his hands and side. The disciples were overjoyed when they saw the Lord.”
- Through the Bible we read of people who were resurrected by God’s prophets. But Jesus is the only One who raised Himself from the dead without intervention of any other person. What does this tell us about Jesus?
- This tells me that Jesus does not need us, He wants us to be with Him. Jesus is the only way to the Father, Jesus defeated death and forever hold victory over sin. Jesus died so that we will not suffer spiritual death. Jesus, is God in human form. Jesus, like the Father and the Holy Spirit have always been and will always be . . . Today, Tomorrow and Forevermore.
- Jesus appears to Mary at the tomb and reveals Himself by saying her name. How have you personally experienced Jesus’ love towards you?
- Indeed, Jesus’ love is something I see and experience on a daily basis. The kindness of a stranger, a message from a friend at just the moment I need a friend. Jesus makes a way when I feel as if there’s no way. Trust in the small still voice.
- How does Jesus’ resurrection victory compel you to love others in your life?
- The actions of love and expressions of love are the things that matter in this world. How we treat not just strangers, but our friends and families as well. What Jesus accomplished on resurrection Sunday is not just something to be talked about during this season we call Lent; the celebration is never-ending. I’m not saying that bad days will never again seep into our lives. They will undoubtedly, but God has overcome the world and we rejoice knowing God is in control.
- This season of Lent has been very special to me, I was able to merge a number of my passions into a single project that has taken me through nearly that last fifty days.
- I was able to daily post on this blog site
- I was able to read a Lenten devotional book
- I studied the Bible throughout the Old and New Testament
- I was free to share my faith without cause of retaliation or fear
- I have listened to hours of musical content and shared them through this space on WordPress.
- I have been blessed with supportive friends and family; and my beautiful community of friends on WordPress.
“Do not be afraid, for I know that you are looking for Jesus, who was crucified. He is not here; he has risen, just as he said.”
Matthew 28:5-6 (NIV)
Don’t let the celebration end, friends, ~Jesus has risen! And, because He lives, we can face tomorrow, and the day after that, with hope.~Asheritah Ciuciu
~Charlotte, Seeker of unexpected Comfort, Happiness, Joy and Patience.
4 thoughts on “Lent 2022 • Jesus Has Risen”
Great read this morning, thanks for sharing life giving truth.
LikeLiked by 1 person
Charlotte dear friend, this is beautiful. The image of a love so deep—beyond what we often think of when we hear the words “I love you.” which is often attached to fear and the loss of that love. This is a love that frees us from fear…fear of pain, death—ourselves. So grateful for you. 🤗🙏🏻💝🌸
LikeLiked by 1 person
Thank you friend! Happy Easter to you, not just today but every day going forward. I so appreciate your words of encouragement. Amen, Jesus frees us from all fears! 🤗✝️🌻💜🌸💟🌺🛐💐
Comments are closed.