Wednesday, March 24th, 2021
Hello my friends —
The truth is Jesus came to live among us and to teach us to live as he does. So we would become Christ-like, obeying the Father and doing the Father’s will and not our own. Jesus showed us the love he has for the Father, so we can share in the divine life and love, Jesus and the Father share. Jesus did not present himself equal to God, (No), Jesus emptied himself and became as we are, that being human so we could become like him.(1).
The disciples did not fully understand the relationship shared by God, the Father, Jesus, the Son of God and the Holy Spirit. Especially the Holy Spirit while Jesus was still in the flesh, human and present with them. Jesus wanted his disciples to know that he would never leave them even though he (Jesus in the flesh) was going away. Seriously, this concept would have been difficult for any of us then. But, we have the benefit of the scriptures and can recognize the Spirit working within us, if we choose. These are the words that Jesus spoke to his disciples, “Very truly I tell you, it is for your good that I am going away. Unless I go away, the Advocate will not come to you; but if I go, I will send him to you.” —John 16:7 (NIV)
As children of the living God, we are brothers and sisters with Christ, in the Father. As believers, we are lifted up into the divine life of the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit. We are called to continue the ministry of Jesus, until his return. We are transformed not out of this world; but into the world, spreading the love of Jesus to the ends of the world. Our spiritual journey will take us many places, some of us to places within our own neighborhoods, while others may be called to distant lands. For God has a plan and a purpose for each of us, as we are all uniquely created by God. Listen for the Spirit, the voice of God calling, he will make a way for you. Place all your trust in God.
“Look, I am doing something new, now it emerges; can you not see it? Yes, I am making a road in the desert and rivers in wastelands.” ~ Isaiah 43:19
1. Psalm 139:13-14 You alone created my inner being. You knitted me together inside my mother. I will give thanks to you because I have been so amazingly and miraculously made. Your works are miraculous, and my soul is fully aware of this.
2. 1 Peter 2:9 However, you are chosen people, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, people who belong to God. You were chosen to tell about the excellent qualities of God, who called you out of darkness into his marvelous light.
3. Psalm 119:73-74 You made me; you created me. Now give me the sense to follow your commands. May all who fear you find in me a cause for joy, for I have put my hope in your word.
4. Isaiah 64:8 Yet you, LORD, are our Father. We are the clay, you are the potter; we are all the work of your hand.
5. Jeremiah 1:4-5 The LORD gave me this message: “I knew you before I formed you in your mother’s womb.Before you were born I set you apart and appointed you as my prophet to the nations.”
6. Jeremiah 29:11: For I know the plans I have for you, declares the LORD, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.
“Jesus said: I am the Way; I am Truth and Life. No one can come to the Father except through me. If you know me, you will know my Father too. From this moment you know him and have seen him.” ~John 14:6-7
Lenten M•I•C•R•O Practice for today:
~ Appreciate – Day 31
Leave a note in your mailbox or so treats on the front porch for the folks who bring the mail and deliver packages. It’s easy to take for granted how the world can be shipped to our doorsteps and not stop to notice all those who make it happen.
🔸 Prayer 🔸
Dear Lord, you are the Truth.
When I keep myself rooted in you,
I will live in the Truth.
Help me, Lord, to live a truthful life,
a life in which I am guided
not by popularity, public opinion,
current fashion, or convenient formulations
but by a knowledge that comes from knowing you.
There may be times during which holding onto the
Truth is hard and painful,
and leads to oppression, persecution, and death.
Be with me, Lord if that time comes ever comes.
Let me then experience
that to hold onto the Truth means to hold onto you,
that Love and Truth can never be separated,
and that to live truthfully is the same as being faithful
to a loving relationship.
Lord, bring me always closer to you.
~Charlotte, Seeker of unexpected Comfort, Happiness, Joy and Patience.
Show Me The Way — Henri J.M.Nouwen • 1992 The Crossroad Publishing
(1) Show Me The Way — Henri J.M.Nouwen • 1992 The Crossroad Publishing • Page 108, paragraph 1, paraphrased.
(NIV) New International Version Bible/Translation
(NRSVA) New Revised Standard Version Apocrypha
(NJBV) New Jerusalem Bible Version/Translation
Photo Credit: Me/March 23, 2021
Stout Heritage Pkwy, Indiana