I had lunch with the JULIETS today! I was able to have lunch with a great group of women from my church today. I count myself blessed to have found such a wonderful community of faith, family and friends to share my life with, we laughed and shared a meal together. Our hearts missed those who couldn’t attend and we welcomed new comers with open arms. I was afforded the opportunity to share with a new member of our church, God was ever so present and was at the very center of our conversation, I was able to share parts of my story as well as hear parts of hers. What an awesome God we have and He is our great provider. I am thankful for the opportunity to share my faith with someone new. Being new can be so overwhelming, extend a hand of friendship to someone new to your church, office, even a bus ride, God is still saving souls and whether we realize it or not, people are watching to see if we show love and spread God’s love only on Sundays or everyday of the week! I don’t believe I did anything special today, but I am fully aware that God and the Holy Spirit were working though me to show His love. It really does not get better than that! I am at a loss for words, trying describe what I felt today, talking about how God has been working in my life. I just try to live my life as best I can and believe me I make plenty of mistakes, but I try to learn from them and try not to repeat the mistakes over and over. I thank God daily for the experiences I am afforded, nightly ask for forgiveness and mornings thankful for new opportunities. God wants to share your life and your experiences, engage God throughout your day, He wants more than the “cliff note” version of you! Praise God and may you experience the love of Jesus Christ today and everyday!
10 Easy Things To Do That Can Make a Difference:
1. Smile at someone, it could change their whole outlook.
2. Hold a door open for someone, it could keep them from feeling invisible.
3. Say “thank you” and mean it.
4. Say ” you’re welcome” and mean it.
5. Buy a stranger a cup of coffee or a coke.
6. Respond sincerely when asked, “how are you today?”
7. Ask someone “how are you?” and intently wait for a response.
8. If you see someone in need, offer to assist.
9. Take time to notice beauty all around.
10. If you want peace but can’t find it, simply ask God because only by knowing God can we find true peace. I saw this on a bumper sticker once:
~Know Peace (or) No Peace~
Matthew 18:20 ( NIV)
“For where two or three gather in my name, there am I with them.”
John 14:27 (NIV)
“Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.”
Proverbs 14:25 (ESV)
“A truthful witness saves lives, but one who breathes out lies is deceitful.”
J.U.L.I.E.T.S. (Jolly Unique Ladies Informally Eating Together Somewhere)
~Blessings and Peace~