Friday, June 12th, 2020
I was nominated to participate in this fun blog post, it’s been a lot of fun and has provided an opportunity to share some interesting facts about myself and some of my favorite feelings! I was nominated by Blogs by J: https://blogbyj.life/ “The Experiences of Life Will Take Us in Many Directions.” This quote is on oJ’s home page. I have found J’s posts to be interesting and insightful. Please check it out.
Simply list 10 of your favorite feelings and then pass on nominations to other bloggers!
My 10 Favorite Feelings:
1. Happiness/Awe— Walt Disney World. I don’t get to go as often as I would like but it holds many precious memories for me. I feel so relaxed, free and innocence when I’m there. I am also a huge fan of The Flintstones and have a collection of memorabilia from the 1960’s and 1970’s.
2. Love— I love, love. I love my friends and my family. I love Jesus. I love my job. I love being in love. I love to see others happy.
“Life without love is like a tree without blossoms or fruit.”
3. Curiosity— I like talk about life and things…God, history, religion, politics, emotions, feelings, past, present and future. Discuss the “what if’s?” and “why’s” of life.
4. Chemistry— As it relates to people, what attracted one person to another, where we choose to work and socialize. The world and the universe are fascinating!
5. Hopeful— I seek to be optimistic most of the time. I seek to encourage others and share HOPE.
“Hope is being able to see that there is light despite of all the darkness.”
6. Affection — I love to love and be loved, It makes me happy! I am a very touchy, feely kind of person, I love to give hugs and receive hugs. Having friends around me helps to nurture and support my soul and spirit.
7. Sleep/Slumber— I enjoy sleeping long hours, staying up late at night and sleeping in, in the mornings. I’ve learned over time that excessive sleeping does not have to be a sign of laziness. In fact, some of us just require more restful sleep than others.
8. Confidence— This is not always an easy feeling for me, but I like how I feel when I am confident and sure of myself. For me, this means I am growing more comfortable in my own skin and being proud of the person I am becoming.
8. Learning/Awakening— I enjoy digging deeper into subjects that peak my interest and expanding my knowledge. I like reading or listening to books by C.S.Lewis, Mitch Albom, Richard Bach, Rachel Held Evans, to list a few. I enjoy theological studies of the Bible and of other sacred texts.
“When people talk, listen completely. Most people never listen.”
9. Relaxation/5 Senses— Embracing the healing qualities of our five senses; touch, sight, hearing, smell and taste. I am enchanted by nature. The ebb and flow of the ocean, the musical features of a waterfall, the sweet aroma of the grass, flowers, and trees. The beauty of flames dancing on a campfire, the mystery of fireflies. Holding the hand of a beloved.
10. Competition— I grew up playing softball, started around the age of five and continued playing for over three decades. I enjoyed the sport and being part of a team. I also like to challenge myself by taking courses online to broaden my knowledge as it relates to my faith and my job. In the past I’ve taken courses about weather, management skills, computer and writing skills as well as biblical studies.
“If you want to find the real competition, just look in the mirror.”
In closing, this has been a lot of fun for me to do, I’ve had the opportunity to share many of my favorite things with you. Above all these things— the most important, special and sacred thing in my life is my Creator, my God, my Lord and Savior. None of my favorite things would be possible if not for my Creator.
“In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was in the beginning with God. All things came into being through him, and without him not one thing came into being. What has come into being in him was life, and the life was the light of all people.”
Be good to yourself! Be kind to one another! Share JOY! Please practice healthy social distancing along with good health and hygiene habits! 😷 May God Bless You in a special way today. Amen. 🙏🏻
~Peace~ ειρήνη~Charlotte 🌻🙏🏻☀️
ειρήνη– “Peace” in Greek, reference listed the below.